Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Preface To Paranoia: I'm Not Just Being Paranoid

The word "paranoid" came up a lot today.  I have a story about paranoia & me that I am saving for the show.  It's been fascinating reading up on paranoia for the program, there's too much information & I'm not sure how I'll organize it or whether I'll get to most of it but I did discover this:

The famous phrase "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you" - which you have heard in many permutations such as "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean you're wrong" or "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean you're not being followed" - even Henry Kissinger apparently said "Even a paranoid can have enemies" - the whole idea being that paranoia isn't necessarily an imaginary condition -

That first phrase comes from Joseph Heller's Catch-22.  A book, I confess, I own but have not read.

Now I'm feeling a little paranoid.

No comments: