Monday, May 20, 2019

Two Stray Observations About Portland

Here are two things I have noticed in my two short weeks in Portland, & these are not new revelations for anyone probably.

One: the beard game is strong in this town.  A fellow said hello to one of our dogs tonight & the wife said, "His beard is amazing!"  We discussed how I couldn't grow such a beard, & certainly she was a bit sad about that.

Two: this is a dog & dog owner's town.  We live within walking distance of two parks which feature dog parks of dog play areas.  This has made our Pauline very, very happy.

Again, I'm not pretending I'm the first person to discover this.  But if I had heard about such things before, I simply filed them away & didn't dwell.  In just two weeks, however, both facts have become blindingly obvious.

That is all.

No comments: