Monday, April 03, 2023

Corporate Standardized Programming


(hopefully better logo coming soon?)

Tonight on KBOO - midnight to 3am on 90.7fm & kboo.fm - is the premiere of my new radio show, Corporate Standardized Programming. It is "replacing" Self Help Radio in the sense that it is that show's previous timeslot. Self Help Radio will now air on Freeform Portland on Thursdays noon to 2pm.

The show is what some might call "general format" - there's no theme, or there might be a theme for individual sets - the whole three hours won't be devoted to something dumb like chipmunks or crosshatching.

The show is also recorded - I put it together on Saturday - but I will live tweet it. (At the show's Twitter account.) Which is cool because I am giving away tickets tonight! How will I do that? I have a text line for the show which I will monitor.

The show takes its name from a George Carlin bit which I will use to open the show. Like Self Help Radio, which isn't a self-help radio show, this really isn't "corporate standardized programming." I seem to like to title my radio shows what they're not. How strange to realize I have a schtick this late in the game!

Maybe you'll listen. If not, the show will be archived on the KBOO website & on the show's website. As always, my radio stuff is as easy to ignore when it's on the air as when it's on the web.

No comments: