Wednesday, April 05, 2023

Preface To Supermarkets: This All Seems Very Familiar

It isn't a supermarket but I'm having déjà vu!

Longtime listeners of Self Help Radio, of which there are none, might have warned me about this week's theme. I forget about my shows very soon after I've done them - it's almost a necessity, since I've been doing this for over twenty years. But I keep a page of themes I've covered over on the SHR website. It's supposed to protect me from repetition.

But as I was listening to songs for this show, I felt like I had done a show about supermarkets before. So I checked the list. No, "supermarkets" was not there. I assumed some of the songs might have fit other themes. But the feeling kept nagging at me. & I decided to look for songs in playlists.

Voila! In 2018, I did a show about markets.

That show was recorded, & it aired in Kentucky, so almost certainly no one listening to Self Help Radio now heard it then. I'm not sure anyone even heard it then! & I haven't gone back to the blog for those shows (except to steal the picture above) so I'm not sure if I thought I couldn't find enough songs for a show only about supermarkets.

But guess what! I have! & I'll also probably play the supermarket songs I played five years ago for the markets show! I have no shame! What! You don't really care! You're just pretending to care!

It'll be fun to kind of revisit a theme as I return the show to Freeform Portland. That was I can also pretend I meant to do it. But I did not.

No comments: