Thursday, April 06, 2023

Whither Supermarkets?


As discussed yesterday, today's show differs from the previous Self Help Radio show about "markets" (see that playlist from 2018 here) in that it's a show not about all markets but only supermarkets. But that's not really the story, is it? The story is that Self Help Radio has returned to Freeform Portland! That's right, we're back on the station where the show first found a home when it came to Portland. I'm sure I've talked about the reasons for that before.

So rather than laborious explaining to you why the show is about supermarkets, & in lieu of doing the show in an actual supermarket, I'll just take this to say that today April 6 I'll be at the new Freeform Portland studios from noon to 2pm Portland time with a somewhat brand-new Self Help Radio (all the interviews today are new! some of the songs I played on the previous markets show!) which you can listen to & it won't be in the middle of the night on 90.3+98.3fm in Portland, & online everywhere at freeformportland.org. I hope you can tune in.

By the way, why didn't I record it in a supermarket? Let's just say a person whose name was not Fred Meyer was very rude to me in the plant milks section & leave it at that.

No comments: