Sunday, September 27, 2020

Whither Nancy's Show?

(Image from the Nancy Drew wiki.  Holy moly there's a Nancy Drew wiki!)

Tomorrow morning's show (Monday morning, as usual) will be an episode of Self Help Radio full of songs about Nancy.  Which Nancy?  Often any Nancy.  Sometimes a specific Nancy.  But it's all Nancy.  In fact, I'm going to interview the two Nancy's I know!

Yesterday I mentioned how much I preferred Nancy Drew over the Hardy Boys.  Yes, I'm still talking about Nancy Drew.  & yes, there are some songs about Nancy Drew.  But anyway, another reason I dug Nancy Drew is her boyfriend was named Ned Nickerson.  "Nickerson" was pretty close to my last name & I've always dug brainy girls.  So perhaps I pretending to be her boyfriend the entire time I was reading the series.

Anyway, please let all the Nancys in your life know there'll be a radio show about & for them tomorrow, Monday, from 8-10am on Freeform Portland, which you can find at 90.3+98.3fm & online at freeformportland.org.  Imagine if you don't let Nancy know!  She may never forgive you!

No comments: