Friday, March 12, 2021

One Year Ago Today

One year ago today was the last time I was in a radio studio broadcasting live.  I've done both live & recorded shows since then, but all from my home.  I did an episode of The Dickenbock Report on the morning of Thursday, March 12, 2020.  This is what the studio looked like, basically:


That picture was taken in 2019, but I'm sure it looks pretty much as it did that morning.  I miss it more than I can say.

For the first few months of the pandemic I was so angry.  I would get furious when people wore their masks wrong, I would seethe at stories of patrons at places refusing to wear a mask, & of course I was livid at the government for doing fuck-all to stop the spread of the disease.  & it didn't take Sigmund Freud to figure out that I was angry at all that because it was keeping my from radio.  It's my favorite thing, it's the thing I love doing best, even if I'm honestly not that good at it.

Here's hoping we're back there soon.  How lonesome it looks up there!

No comments: