Monday, June 13, 2022

Whither The Golden Show?


(The last rays of the sun turn the tops of the trees golden.)

Theme-based shows often rely on colors.  Colors are probably the easiest of themes.  Because of my contrary nature, I tend to shy away from the "easiest of themes."  I think in fact when I did a show about the color green, I asked listeners & Facebook friends to pick the songs.  There were way too many songs about the color green.

& I noticed that I had previously done a show about gold a decade ago.  Which is a color but also you know a precious metal.  I felt it was time to return to a color on Self Help Radio but I thought maybe if I specified a color descriptor - an adjective, basically - it might make it easier.  I settled on "golden."  & I have lived to regret it.

There were so many golden songs that I decided that I would mostly (but not entirely) rely upon songs from this century.  & I would forego my many deep-dives into different genres & stick with the indie rock.  There's probably a country or blues or soul golden show out there - it won't be this week's Self Help Radio.

With all that in mind, you may still want to tune in to 90.7 fm KBOO tonight (or online at kboo.fm) from midnight to 3am.  There'll be guests & stuff.  It'll be golden.  Because that's the theme.

No comments: