Monday, January 09, 2023

Whither Napping?

Lazy girl.

Ultimately I think I prefer naps to an actual "full night's sleep." It's only some convention & regular obligations that keep me from just being up as long as I want & napping when I get a little weary. I suspect that in the absence of any responsibilities my sleep cycle might ultimately resemble a Rube Goldberg machine.

That being said, while there are lots & lots & lots of songs about sleep, I found barely enough songs about naps to fill three hours.  Not that there weren't more songs, I just wanted to play songs I actually liked. & while napping is a very common subject of lots of electronica, I felt like playing too much of that would be a cheat.

The results of my labors (put together on a day without a nap!) are happening from midnight to 3am Portland time on 90.7 fm.  More information is available at kboo.fm but I do not think we're currently streaming. More information about that on the website too.

No worries!  If you're busy sleeping or - better still - napping, I'll have it up on the Self Help Radio website forthwith.

Sweet dreams!

No comments: