Monday, August 19, 2024

Whither Rotten?

(image found on Tumblr many years ago...)

My wife told me when she found out I was doing a show with the theme "rotten" that she thought the word old-fashioned. She meant of course the adjective when describing a person, not an organic thing gone bad. Who describes anyone as rotten these days? In her mind, calling a kid or a politician "rotten" seemed like something you'd hear in a black & white television show.

& maybe she's right - you're more like to hear Bugs Bunny says "Gee I'm rotten" than a modern-day cartoon, or to hear a kid in an old sitcom say "I feel rotten" than one today. I think she was trying to tell me that perhaps I might not find too many songs that use the word. I reassured her that that would not be the case.

But maybe you think so? If you do, tune in tonight from midnight to 2am for this week's show. It's on 90.7fm in town. It's on kboo dot fm everywhere. It's probably going to be rotten, too, but you knew that. It's just that that's the theme as well.

No comments: