Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Notes On Vacation

Drove six hours today. Some observations:

1) I don't have the stamina I once did in regards to driving. When I was younger, I could drive for eight hours at a stretch; I got behind the wheel today & within minutes I was thinking about sleeping.

2) The old tricks for staying awake while driving - looking around, loads of caffeine - work with diminishing returns.

3) Bad drivers outnumber decent drivers a thousand to one. I don't want to cast aspersions on one group or region because it no longer matters. Bad drivers swarm the American highways like gnats. & gnats are widely known as the assholes of the insect world.

4) This is not (as far as I know) proven by any studies, but I believe perhaps 50% of bad driving could be ameliorated by proper use of the turn signal.

5) The older I get, the more I want to go other places; the more I go other places, the more I worry about my cats.  They are hating on me right now.

6) I forgot this was just supposed to be about driving, but if I read this before the next time I travel: Hey, dipshit! Remember to bring a comb!

I am ready to vacate now! Is that the proper use of the verb form of vacation? I hope so! Otherwise it sounds desperate or gross.

No comments: