Thursday, October 24, 2019

Sugar Substitute (Episode 169)

You'll recall I do another radio show, not just Self Help Radio, but one called Sugar Substitute, it's on Tuesday Mornings from 2-4am, no one is up to listen, I'm barely awake myself.

The reason I mention this is twofold.  Onefold, you can listen to the show any time you like clicking the link above for "Sugar Substitute," but also last Tuesday's show directly by clicking here.

The other fold is that you might not want to listen to that show, as it was the first of two Fall Fund Drive shows I have to do for XRAY.  It's fundraising season, & I am going to be asking for money on the air for two different stations in a one month period.  You can help out XRAY by donating at their web site & if you do, & do it because I sent you, maybe mention Sugar Substitute?  That would be nice.

Pledge Drives aren't fun but they tend to be the major way non-profit radio stations raise money, so it's a necessary evil.  I wonder why there aren't free-media-loving billionaires out there who could help - dropping a hundred grand on a radio station wouldn't be a burden to any of them - but I understand they have politicians to purchase who will allow them to keep more of their billions.  It's the one thing people who are raised poor or middle-class - & who give a far greater portion of their income to charity - simply don't understand.

In any event - Sugar Substitute.  It's on weekly, even if I tend to be quite exhausted when I do it.

No comments: