Saturday, October 26, 2019

Preface To Halloween 2019: Woefully Unprepared For This Week's Show

Seriously.  I haven't done much work on this week's show.  Today I spent the day shopping for our new house.  Then I waited at the new house while my wife got our locks re-keyed.  I had to stay in the empty house (we're moving in next weekend) because, you see, there were no locks on our doors.

What to do?  I'll spend all day tomorrow working on the show, of course.  & I'll tell you how it came about that I'm doing a Halloween show about Frankenstein.

Frankenstein means the monster, of course.  It would be weird to have a bunch of songs about Dr. Frankenstein.  Which reminds me - I never got the chance to watch Young Frankenstein as I planned to do before the show.  Drat.

Are you a Frankenstein fan?  I was trying to remember my first memories of the character.  Probably from the comics - although I never quite enjoyed the 1970s horror comics as much as the super-hero ones.  I do remember seeing the James Whale Frankenstein movie at some point & feeling the urge to read Mary Shelley's book - & being a little surprised that the movie took great liberties with the novel.

These are things I'll perhaps talk about on this week's show.  Once I gather materials to put it together.  Which I haven't really spent much time doing this week.  Ah but!  There's always tomorrow!

No comments: