Saturday, September 19, 2020

Preface To Avenues: Have I Ever Lived On An Avenue?

Recently I've been showing pictures of places I used to live.  I've lived in a lot of places.  But I've never actually written them down in a kind of list, so I'll do that now - to the best of my ability - to see if I've ever lived on an avenue.

There are no dates & addresses because that would be too much work.  I do not remember living on the first two roads but my sister Karin confirmed those were my two residences before my mother left my father.

(Garland, Texas) Daughtery Drive - Rolando Drive - Kingsley Road - Cranford Drive - 5th Street.

Some of those residences were on the same street.  For example, when I returned home for the summer after my sophomore year of college, I lived at my sister Pat's - who lived at the time on Rolando.

(Austin, Texas) Elmont Drive - Town Lake Circle - 46th Street - 45th Street - 40th Street - Avenue A!

Look!  I only had to go up to 1992!  At the end of a devastating break-up, I found myself in a shitty efficiency in an apartment complex on Avenue A.

Here's where I went from there:

(Still in Austin) Depew Avenue!  Right after that, I lived from five years on Depew Ave.!  How could I forget that?

& what then?

(More Austin) Red River Street - Fairfield Lane - Ridgemont Drive.

(Huntington, West Virginia) Neel Street.

(Lexington, Kentucky) Tulsa Road - Southbend Drive.

(Fort Worth, Texas) Diaz Avenue!

Lookee there!  I lived on a road called Diaz Avenue in Fort Worth, Texas!  We lived there for just a few months - & there are only three more roads I've lived on since then:

(Still Fort Worth) Bal Lake Drive

(Portland, Oregon) 62nd Avenue?!?

Oh man I swear I didn't know we lived on an avenue here in Portland!  But I guess we did - for about six or seven months.  Now, alas, we live on plain ol' street.

But wow.  From 1992 till around 2002 I lived on an avenue, plus a few months in 2016 & in 2019.  That's like one-fifth of my life lived on an avenue.  I didn't even think I lived on even one avenue!

Look forward to pictures of these places in the future!

No comments: