Saturday, November 07, 2020

Okay. Breathe.

Wow.  Just wow.

Here's something I should mention: I almost had a panic attack Tuesday night.  I was in a pretty bad way.  It seems dumb but when Biden spoke it calmed me down.  I watched an episode of Voyager & sipped a glass of whiskey.

The counting caused a similar amount of anxiety, but I managed to somewhat contain it.  It was more or less manageable, although it did feel a little like a stomach ache & it was accompanied by the recognition, every once in a while, that my heart was beating a little too fast.  When the networks called the election today, I still had all that stress & anxiety in me, & it has kept me from getting anything done.

Well, not that - I'm getting stuff done - just too late.  I am supposed to turn in the Dickenbock Report by 8am Friday.  I finished it tonight.  If it doesn't air, it's my fault - my inability to deal with this election.

It's not over because you know the other guy won't concede.  & who knows what his stooges are doing behind the scenes to wreck as much of the country on their way out.  So - still stress, still anxiety.

Let's see if I can get Self Help Radio done this week.  I might need extra sleep.  Anyone want to talk to my animals & get them to lay off a bit?

1 comment:

jenny a said...

Deep breathing, peppermint oil, & Bob Ross got me through many anxious moments these past few weeks. Benadryl has also helped when I couldn't fall sleep because my heart was beating so loudly. The palpitations are the scariest. Cutting out caffeine & cutting down on booze helps.

Sorry you're suffering with anxiety. The struggle, as they say, is real. Hope you find some peace.