Sunday, November 01, 2020

Preface To Rings: I Should Have Seen A Doctor

You know I have a very small opinion of my show.  Occasionally, I have fun, I think that's the best I can hope for it, but luckily very few people listen so there's not a constant barrage of negative criticism coming my way.  I have so little self-esteem that I doubt I could take it.  In such cases, being virtually non-existent is the best way for me & the show to exist.

What that does mean though is I feel the need to apologize for when I feel my shows are particularly bad.  You can ask, are these the shows where you didn't have any fun?  Pretty much, yeah.  & there are many reasons why a show wouldn't be any fun for me.  I don't want to list them.  But this week I know exactly why the show won't be any fun.

This fucking election.

A friend told me she went to the doctor & the doctor prescribed her something.  Oh fuck I wish I had thought of that.  Holy shit, I could use something.

It might make it impossible to do the show, which I spend a great deal of time on, & I know that's surprising, given how fucking shabby it is, but that's just me.  In fact, it seems to be taking me longer to put together a show & it's not just because it's now three hours long.  It's probably age.  Or maybe the fact that I spend an inordinate amount of time reading social media about Americans dying by the thousands & the fascists & their inexplicably large number of supporters that don't seem to give a shit.

See what I mean?  I had a glass of whiskey tonight, though I need to wake to live tweet the Dickenbock Report in the morning.  I don't know what I'm going to do Tuesday.  The chances of it going very badly are very good because the very bad people are cheating, cheating, cheating.  & even if it goes well (unlikely), then it'll still take days to figure out it's gone well.

Okay, now I feel like throwing up.  Consider this an apology for this week's show, which is about something stupid (rings) because I felt that might help.  Did it?  Nope!

Fuck.

No comments: