Friday, May 20, 2022

Random Friday Thoughts


This photo was just posted on the Self Help Radio Tumblr Blog with the caption "apparently things in that tree need to calm the fuck down."  I post a lot of pictures I take on that blog.  It has next to nothing to do with the radio show.  All of those pictures are posted to my Facebook account, too.  If only there were some kind of social media application that specialized in images!  But we know there's none.

Yesterday was Pete Townshend's birthday & on the Dickenbock Report I played a bunch of covers of Who songs to celebrate.  I'll put that show up after next week's Self Help Radio.  It's caused me to listen to Who records for the first time in a long time.  Gosh, I like them a lot.  If you'd ask me if I were a big fan of the Who just a week ago, I would've said, "I liked them a lot when I was in my teens & early twenties but now..."  Now I'd tell you I might be a bigger fan than I was then!

At dinner with a neighbor couple tonight, I discovered that the male half of that couple once worked on a documentary about The Highwaymen.  He told me Willie was the showman, Waylon the storyteller, Kris the insecure one, & Johnny the rather ailing one.  It was wonderful & it meant I am now just one or two degrees of separation from those country luminaries.  He also got to hang with Foghat.

In the evening (like now) my cat Bolan needs his dried food refilled or else he'll cry all night long so I usually fill a little bowl & toss some treats on top.  The treats are in a cabinet directly below the magnetic doohickey which keeps the cabinet doors closed.  Every time I grabbed the treats I scratch the top of my right hand.  Tonight I finally drew blood - & moved the fucking treats.  I was going to take a picture but I am too tired.  It's time for bed.

No comments: