Tuesday, February 09, 2010

G-I-R-L-F-R-E-N

One day remind me to tell you about the time I interviewed Jonathan Richman on the radio. He was a total douche to me. I was a little surprised - most every musician - especially the indie type - I had met up until that time was actually quite nice. I think he thought it was fun to be difficult. It didn't affect how much I loved his music - well, maybe the music I heard after the interview, since I was less prone to love it uncritically - but there's really nothing he could do to diminish my love for the first Modern Lovers record & some of that stuff up to & including the 80s. But I have never gone to see him live since then, & he tours a lot.

What else? Oh yeah, last night's Self Help Radio which was about girlfriends went fine. I didn't get into trouble at all with my wife. Whew! As per usual, it's over at selfhelpradio.net for your listening & downloading & getting in trouble with your spouse pleasure.

Here's some extra insight: Matt Groenig's "Life In Hell" cartoon about girlfriends. Wow! It's true nearly thirty years later!

No comments: