Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Road Down The Lake

I have been having a few drinks thoughts I mean about the road down the lake.  First of all bear with me it does seem weird for a road to exist somewhat down a lake and that road not as a rule being underwater but I don't know if this is common and only I just haven't seen it before.  I have asked an architect friend well he's not exactly an architect but he has a righteous collection of model airplanes which he says he built with his own hands and I believe him because he smells of model airplane glue a not unpleasant smell but you do get a headache around him after a time and I'll admit it also a little dizzy.  What was I talking about.  Yes, he says that the road down the lake is somewhat improbably but not impossible because look it's right there and there's a good chance the Romans also once built a road down a lake since despite not being as creative as the Greeks the Romans were innovators in things like roads and aqueducts.  My friend Jane asked me when I mentioned that where exactly the Romans built a road down a lake and I admit I didn't know if they ever really did but that didn't stop me from bluffing a little bit because and saying this doesn't make me a bad person I do like it when I can impress Jane who is everybody says one of the most impressive people you'll ever meet although has this ever happened to you you meet someone and they're really impressive but you can't quite figure out later what it was about them that impressed you.  Jane is a little like that as is her boyfriend Chester who however does have incredible upper body strength and without at least I think this and I have no reason to doubt it without lifting weights or other physical activities.  He by the way thinks that the road down the lake was built by Indian tribes who used to live in this area despite the fact that it's only been around for a few years and in fact before the road was there it was and the lake too a shopping center that was the center of shopping activities in this glum suburb well into the 1970s until a gigantic mall was built a few lakes down and that meant the slow sad decline of the shopping center first as a gigantic bingo parlor which used to be the Piggly-Wiggly and then the inevitable purchase and neglect by a multinational lake consortium which I'm sure you already guessed was as foreign as it was aquatically inclined.  Anyway at some point I guess I'll bike to the road down the lake and see if it goes anywhere because so far it's not on my GPS nor on Google Maps but since I have you here can I ask if there are any roads down your lakes and if so would it be worth my while to bike down because I'd hate to go all that way and not find anything you know?

No comments: