Friday, July 19, 2013

Whither Make Me?

I was just writing some stuff for today's show & found this nice cartoon, from which I will read on the show.  It makes me realize that I have no idea how to make people do anything I want.  But I see how they make me do what they want.

I have met people who have followed advice like this (not necessarily about persuading folks) & really improved their lives.  I can never quite commit.  My tendency to be a lazy oaf overpowers everything.  I revert to type, as they say.  I wonder if, when I was thirteen, I had heard this advice & practiced it until it became a part of me, if I could have been an actual predator of a sort.  Damn!  Something more to regret!

You can hear what a failure I am today from 4 to 6pm (EST) on WRFL as I do Self Help Radio.  If you're in Lexington, it's on the radio at 88.1 fm.  If not, the link above will suffice.

I'll archive it later, as I archive all my dreadful mistakes, at self help radio dot yuck.

I can't make you listen, but maybe you can make me make you listen?

No comments: