Thursday, March 05, 2015

Whither Shut Up?

The view from my front door this morning

Jeezy chreezy.  Another record snowfall.  I feebly helped my amazing super-strong wife dig out our ridiculously long driveway so I'd be able to make it out in the morning, but there's no guarantee that, once I've left the warm, relatively safe bounds of my home, I won't get stuck in the ice & snow somewhere on the way to the station & freeze to death in my car.

Shut up, Gary!  You'll make it!

We'll see.  The weird thing is, I'm a huge pessimist, but part of me couldn't believe the weather would get as bad as this.  Granted, we are forecast to be free of snow for the next few days, & the temperatures will rise, so this snow won't stay as long as the last snow (the sun even made it out today), but there was a naïve part of me that said, "It can't possibly get as bad as it did two weeks ago."

Two weeks ago!  Holy cracker on a cheese stick!

Tomorrow's rude show will, I hope, go as planned.  It's on from 7 to 9am (when I am traveling to the station around 6:30 in the morning, it's supposed to be -1 degrees Fahrenheit) on WRFL in Lexington at 88.1 fm & online at wrfl dot fm.  If I make it home alive, I'll put it on my website toot suite.

I was supposed to talk about something else today, I'm sorry.  I just have snow shoveling on my mind.  If I were a songwriter, I would've written fifteen songs about snow shoveling already.  I am wiped out.

No comments: