Sunday, October 04, 2015

Live Blogging On The DVD

Have I mentioned recently how awful I am on the Twitter?  Maybe it's because I don't have a Twitter account for me, but rather for my radio show.  & I sometimes worry that I'm being inappropriate, but trying to be funny or insightful on the Twitter about things in my life (my latest tweet is something my wife said to me) instead of things that pertain to my radio show.

Which is also something I worry about with another of my stunted social media experiments, my Facebook page.  When talking about it on the air, I often say, "You can follow me on Twitter or like me on Facebook."  But that's misleading - I want people to follow my show on Twitter, & like my show on Facebook.  I understand how incredibly unlikeable I am.  It's a hefty cleaning job every week to make the show as little about me as possible!

Currently I have over three hundred "followers" on Twitter (I loathe that term, I have no desire to be the sort of person that has "followers"), & a little over two hundred fifty "likes" on Facebook.  Those numbers baffle the fuck out of me.  I know that many of my Facebook friends, who are sweet & want to support me, & also probably pity me appropriately, "like" the show page when they don't listen to me on the radio at all.  But the Twitter thing - that's weird.  It's weird & I know there are several people on the Twitter who think they're "following" the idea of self-help radio.

You're thinking I obsess about this too much & you're right.  To change the subject entirely, I filled out an application tonight to do a show on WLXL, Lexington's new low-powered fm station.  I figured I should.  No word whether I'll actually get a show &, of course, to make matters worse, no word on whether I'd be able to handle two radio shows a week!

You know I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything.

No comments: