Thursday, January 09, 2020

Library Of Mirrors

This week's show - not the one that happened last Monday but the one that will happen next Monday - which I know is technically next week - but it feels weird saying "next week's show" - all right, technically it is next week's show - what I want to say is - the next Self Help Radio, happening next Monday, is about "reflections."

If you'd like to read that paragraph in German, here is how Google Translate phrased it:

Die Show dieser Woche - nicht die, die letzten Montag stattfand, sondern die, die nächsten Montag stattfinden wird - von der ich weiß, dass sie technisch nächste Woche ist - aber es fühlt sich seltsam an, "die Show der nächsten Woche" zu sagen - in Ordnung, technisch ist es die Show der nächsten Woche - was Ich möchte sagen: Beim nächsten Self Help Radio, das am nächsten Montag stattfindet, geht es um "Reflexionen."

Just FYI.

What I got to thinking today, when one of my regular contributors stood me up, was how many books  were called "Reflections."  How many could there be?

Good Reads listed 35,332 results for "Reflections."  Here are the first twenty from the first page:

Memories, Dreams, Reflections by C.G. Jung,
Reflections by Clifton Kenny
Fables & Reflections (The Sandman, #6) by Neil Gaiman, Bryan Talbot, & Stan Woch
Camera Lucida: Reflections on Photography by Roland Barthes
Reflections by Hermann Hesse
Trick Mirror: Reflections On Self-Delusion by Jia Tolentino
Reflections Of A Man by Amari Soul
Illuminations: Essays & Reflections by Walter Benjamin
Reflections by Anita Stansfield
I Remember Nothing: & Other Reflections by Nora Ephron
Reflection (Twisted Tales #4) by Elizabeth Lim
Reflections by T.R. Whittier
This Time Together: Laughter & Reflection by Carol Burnett
Reflection by Diane Chamberlain
Reflections by Iceberg Slim
Sink Reflections by Marla Cilley
Reflections by Charles Le Gai Eaton
Reflections by Idries Shah
Reflections by Marcia Willett
Reflections by Justin South

Have I read any of these?  Only the Sandman comic!  Do I want to read the rest?  Now I do!

Will I have the time to do so?  No, I will not.

Is this week's show full of these sorts of reflections?  I certainly hope so.

Will I stop asking myself questions & then answering them?  Yeah, that seems like a good idea.

PS, here are those questions & answers in German:

Habe ich etwas davon gelesen? Nur der Sandman-Comic! Will ich den rest lesen?  Jetzt mache ich!

Habe ich die Zeit dazu? Nein, werde ich nicht.

Ist die Show dieser Woche voller solcher Überlegungen? Das hoffe ich sehr.

Werde ich aufhören, mir Fragen zu stellen und sie dann zu beantworten? Ja, das scheint eine gute Idee zu sein.

No comments: