Sunday, January 12, 2020

Whither Reflections?

(Image from here - where there are a lot of images of things reflecting!)

This morning, avoiding my reflection in the mirror, I asked myself, & not my reflection, which I am almost certain is not me but some other being in a separate dimension who vaguely looks like me (I certainly don't look like that!) but who is intent on mimicking & mocking me at every opportunity - where was I?  Oh yeah.  This morning, not looking at my reflection, I asked myself, "Self, why do a radio show about reflections when I'm not terribly good at reflecting & I don't enjoy looking at my image reflected in a mirror or other reflective surface?"

Then I heard a voice in my head start to answer, & I immediately thought, "Oh shit it's finally happening!  I'm hearing voices in my head!"  So I rushed into my room, turned music on very very loud, & in-between songs I waited to see if there were still a voice in my head but it was very quiet in there.  Maybe too quiet.  Had I died?

Turns out I didn't die, but I had fallen asleep, & upon further reflection I realized that this needed no further reflection.  This would be a radio show about reflections, & no matter which way I looked, there'd be two images & one would be backward.  That was the nature of the radio show.  & reflections.

Tomorrow!  6-8am!  Freeform Portland (90.3+98.3fm)!  freeformportland.org!  Objects in your radio may be closer than they appear!

No comments: