Friday, July 03, 2020

Too Far To Read That

There are windows that look out into windows, & can't see beyond that.  I myself today saw a gigantic house which had a giant garden, & within that garden, hidden from view, another garden.

There are things I want to tell you, but in-between memory & time, I find I don't have the vocabulary.  This isn't as simple as checking a thesaurus.  This is as deep as the moment after you fall asleep & the moment you begin to dream.

This is not to say that oneself is unknowable, this is simply a check on hubris.  Which is?  Is there an online definition?  What do you have to say for yourself?

"excessive pride or self-confidence"

The sort of thing that should never be rewarded.

Time is a jet plane, it moves too fast.  Most messages I mean to mention fall by the wayside.

Hey, I've been meaning to ask, are you watching "High Fidelty" on Hulu?  I read the book a long time ago but loved the movie & tonight I decided I loved the television series.  It made me wish I could be around music snobs more.  I am not around any of them these days.

What the fuck was I going on about?  I am not well-equipped for this nonsense.

But I confess I love vague poetry.  (Is that redundant?)

Children leave the porch as the light fades
But what they scribbled on the concrete
Shines throughout the night

Boom!  Make me Poet Laureate Of Something.

No comments: