Monday, June 07, 2021

Whither On The Moon?

(Look at this absolutely gorgeous photo! It's from here.)

Truth be told, I can't remember why I'm doing a show about being on the moon.  But it led to something which will happen tonight which I couldn't have expected.

A few months ago I got a nice letter from Adam Elk of the band The Mommyheads.  Laboring as I do in almost complete obscurity, I was a bit flabbergasted he reached out, but he seemed so nice, that when I realized, as I was looking through songs about being on the moon that the Mommyheads had a nice one, I asked him in email if he might want to come on the show & chat a bit.

He did!  Not only that, he recorded four songs in his studio.  When we got to talking, I realized that I couldn't just stick him on the air for a few minutes - I needed to spare a longer chunk of time to showcase him, his band's music, & his solo performances.

Therefore, the first hour of the show tonight is an interview & performance with Adam Elk featuring lots of Mommyheads song.  We talked for almost an hour, I hope I got the best bits.

After that it's the regular Self Help Radio show, just two hours long, & it's on the moon.  It's not going to be as interesting as listening to a smart, observant, creative musician talk about his craft & his history, but it's the best I could do.

Tonight on 90.7 KBOO & kboo.fm from midnight to 3am.  It'll be the first time a human's been on the moon since 1972!

No comments: