Saturday, September 11, 2021

Still Need To Write Something About My Sweet Bronte


It has been a kind of catharsis for me to say goodbye to my animals in this blog when they leave.  Last week we lost Bronte, & I have so much to say about her, but not today.

The picture up there is from March, after she had a haircut.  She cuddled constantly with her brother Bolan, so much so that my wife & I joked that they loved each other more than we did.  Bolan seems muted, he sometimes sleeps with me, but he acts as though - well, this is projecting of course, but he 
does act as though something's missing.  Which of course it is.

Please be patient, Bronte.  I think I don't yet want to say goodbye.  I still imagine you'll be sleeping somewhere, or standing near the water dishes when they need to be filled, or lying on your mother's chest, purring.  She weighed so little but has taken up so much space in my heart.  I'll take the time next week to tell your story.

Beautiful girl, you left too soon.  Beautiful girls always do.

No comments: