Sunday, August 14, 2022

Preface To Wasting Time: Top Wastes Of Time

(Wish I knew where I found this! Schulz would not be pleased.)

We conducted an informal poll amongst ourselves, my pets & I, to determine things we do that are a waste of time.  These are they, in no particular order, because it was hard enough agreeing on the whole thing with them, I didn't dare try to rank them.

The first two: Interacting with the cats (say the dogs)/Tolerating the dogs (say the cats).

They're mortal enemies & pretending anything different is, according to them, a waste of time.

Next: trying to get one's life organized.

What a waste of time!  Just put post-it notes everywhere & hope they don't fly away.  Spending hours each week to organize an online calendar is a waste of time.  The pets ask me what time is, anyway.

Next: doing anything other than eating meals.

It was unanimous that the time spent between eating, sometimes including sleep, is a waste of time.  I am aware that if I ate all the time, it would lead me to be even more unhealthy than I already am, so I do my best not to eat all the time, but this logic is lost on the animals.  Who tell me at the moment they are fucking hungry.

Plus: making radio shows.

Yes, I have fun doing this, but virtually no one listens to the radio shows I make, & almost certainly they find when they listen it's a waste of time, so naturally I am wasting an extraordinary amount of time putting these fuckers together.

Penultimately: writing in this blog.

If no one listens to my shows, a negative amount of people don't read this blog.  It's true!  No one has read my last two entries.  Perhaps no one will read this one.  It certainly feels like a waste of time.

Finally: everything but eating & sleeping.

The animals talked it over, & they've decided that everything but eating & sleeping is a waste of time.  So I need to feed them now because they need their twelve hours' beauty sleep.

No comments: