Friday, March 03, 2023

One More Shot At Nothing


(An image of cosmic background radiation from here.)

If you've been following the sad tale of this "This Week On Self Help Radio," you may have heard the difficult plot points:

1) Because of inclement weather, & rather its feared return, I decided to postpone my regular radio show 7 quickly record an episode. My wife was convinced it would snow all night & be a rerun of last week, where many Portlanders were stuck in their cars as a record amount of snow fell.
2) I didn't check the weather myself because I'm a dumb or else I'd have known that wouldn't happen.
3) In my wife's defense, the record snowfall surprised everyone.
4) I finished the show & got confirmation from the Program Director that it was locked & loaded for a midnight airing.
5) I napped & stuff.
6) I sat down to live tweet the show at midnight. It all seemed to be going well for a show where every song was called "Nothing."
7) Around midnight-thirty, the next show began. The show scheduled for 3am.
8) I went to bed.

Because the show was prerecorded, I was able to upload it to the KBOO website (as well of course to the Self Help Radio website). But I felt bad for the artists that I played that they wouldn't go out over the air in Portland when I suddenly remembered: I also do an episode of Self Help Radio on XRAY!

Therefore tomorrow morning on XRAY, there's be nothing. Hopefully I'll be there live to present it. That's 5-7am on 91.1 & 107.1 fm in town & online at xray.fm. There'll be nothing different from the recorded show - except it'll only be two hours long plus it'll be live. But nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

No comments: