Saturday, March 23, 2024

My Favorite Warning Sign In Texas


Okay, maybe my second favorite. In Texas. Oddly enough, my favorite also involves railroad tracks. Anyway, I made a cursory check & discovered that (I hope) the yellow signs are called "warning signs" to distinguish them I guess from street signs or traffic signs honestly I don't know. I would often see these signs in more industrial areas of Fort Worth where I lived from 2016 to 2019. That picture was taken on this day in 2019. Probably on the ride home from the airport where I dropped off my wife going on one of her research trips. One of the roads I took from the airport to my home was highway 121 which for a time kinda runs parallel to interstate 30 so when I thought I might want to explore, maybe take some pictures, I would take an exit off 121 & head south, hoping the road might connect to 30. I'm think (?) this road is somewhere near there - tho I just spent some time with Goober Maps trying to figure out which intersection & I can't. I also want to point out that it seems like this picture was taken sometime in the early morning or early evening but since it was March I would suspect it was during the day but there was a storm coming. Storms happened a lot in the Metroplex & they were often loud & scary. Yes, I checked, the picture was taken around 5pm. But looking at the other pictures I also took at the time, I can now say it was definitely not taken between highway 121 & interstate 30. It was most probably taken in Grand Prairie or Arlington somewhere between interstate 20 & interstate 30. I surmise I was driving back from visiting my mother in Garland & I decided to exit off 30 to explore a little in that area, to go to 20 & get back that way to Fort Worth. That's the most likely scenario. Ignore the airport thing. Hey! You might be saying why do you like this sign, Gary? I know why! It's the little lightning bolts shooting out from the truck trailer. Those are the same symbols in comic strips that indicate pain. It says so here. So it looks like the truck trailer is in pain. I like that a lot. Oh wait a second. I didn't divide this into paragraphs. What a mess. It would be too time-consuming to go back now & change that. Anyway, I never reread the stuff I write. If no one's going to read it, why should I reread it? That explains any spelling/consistency errors, if you've ever wondered. No editing. This is the life.

No comments: