Monday, October 09, 2006

Velvet Underground Haiku Wrap-Up

I must apologize, because in the heat of the Membership Drive, where it's important to get as much information about supporting the station as possible, along with the regular stellar mix of music, I forget, this past Friday, to read your haikus. I am so sorry.

But wait! Did someone say Membership Drive? That's right, KOOP's Fall Membership Drive continues. Please give something to the greatest radio station ever in the history of radio I kid you not baby.

& thank you to those who pledged their support to my show Friday.

Now, the unannounced winners:

FOURTH PLACE: Daisy

Please tell me, Lou Reed
What’s that John Cale fellow like?
He is so dreamy.

THIRD PLACE: Bill

Give me sex & drugs
Help me to understand them
Like the Velvets did

SECOND PLACE: Lou

When I am hurting
When I’m lonesome, need a fix,
I know who to call

FIRST PLACE: Sally

Behind ev’ry door
People do desperate things
Velvet Underground

This week I'll be sampling (ha ha) a few musics that are important in the history of sampling. You can always write a haiku about it. If you want.

No comments: