Monday, October 23, 2006

Weekends Haiku Wrap-Up

It's eerie. I did a show about weekends last Friday, &, as if by calendaric magic, I got a Saturday & Sunday in quick succession afterwards. I tried to do a weekends show today, in the privacy of my little cubicle at work, but all I got was the promise of a Tuesday, &, if I was good, maybe even a Wednesday so just shut the fuck up & get back to work.

But nicely poetic & poetically nice folks wrote nice, poetic haikus for the show. As always, I tell you there are great rewards for writing haikus for Self Help Radio. Just ask these four fine folks:

FOURTH PLACE: Michelle

I love the weekend
Even though I'm unemployed
& I sleep all day

THIRD PLACE: John

So the week must end
We dance over its dead body
Like we have no choice.

SECOND PLACE: Pete

The weekend's too short
Make Saturday two days long
Hey! Now you're talking!

FIRST PLACE: Valerie

Swimming, drinking, rest
Dancing, partying, yard work
Movies, sports: week end.

This week's the World Famous Self Help Radio Halloween Show. This year's all about monsters. If you have a haiku in mind, do share it with us.

No comments: