Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Whither Biting?

Here are three things I did not know before I started to do a Self Help Radio show about biting.

1) An "overbite" (which is to say a "misalignment of teeth &/or incorrect relation between the teeth of the two dental arches" or in the Fancy Dan way of saying it a "malocclusion") can be caused by mouth breathing.

2) Some insect "bites" (because some of them, you know, are stings, which don't require a mouth or teeth-like things to "bite") cause symptoms lasting up to two years &, to make matters worse, the "bites" are sometimes diagnosed as cancer.

& 3) From the wikipedia: "School age children, those older than 2 & a half years, who habitually bite may require professional help."

Okay, the last one I didn't know but could have figured out on my own.

So! A Self Help Radio about biting! Tomorrow at 1pm on 88.1 fm WMUL & later archived on selfhelpradio.net. It's my way of taking the first bite of the new decade!

Oh god I can't believe I said that.

No comments: