Saturday, September 17, 2011

Preface To Whispers: Speak Up!

Is whispering sometimes louder than normal speech? This odd Facebook page thinks so.

But is whispering bad for your vocal cords when singing? Apparently not. How do I know? Because someone asked that question on Yahoo! Answers. He asked: "I heard that whispering can damage your vocal chords slowly. I whisper sing songs that I know by heart. I sing death metal vocals and I need to know if this is bad for you."

He sings death metal vocals & he wonders if whispering is bad for him? Anyway, the answer is here.

Is whispering rude? The Busy Mama thinks so!

Something else that may be rude is me telling you that I'm going to be on the radio this evening playing hip hop from ten pm to midnight Lexington time. You can listen in Lexington on the 88.1 frequency or you can listen anywhere at wrfl.fm. It's not that important, so I thought I'd whisper it at you.

No comments: