Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Don't Be Afraid!



I'm afraid I'm late posting this.  I should've done it yesterday, but I was gripped by an illogical & incomprehensible terror - in a sense, I saw the eternal Footman hold my coat, & snicker - in short, I was afraid.  Weird, right?  To be afraid to post a show about being afraid?  What could go wrong?

Nothing went wrong, despite a shabby show made more tiresome by my own tiredness.  Still, I have put the show over on the Self Help Radio website.  Hey!  If you are afraid of strange websites & don't want to try to find it amongst my myriad shows, you can download the first part here & you can download the second part here.  & so you're not afraid of what might be on the show, what I played is below.

Being afraid is silly!  Enjoy the show!

(part one)

"Who's Afraid" How Do I Learn? _How Do I Learn?_
"So Afraid" Flare _Metamophosis_

"Afraid Of Everyone" The National _High Violet_
"I Am Afraid" A House _The Way We Were: The Best Of A House 04.85-02.97_
"Too Afraid" Thee Headcoats _In Tweed We Trust_
"I'm So Afraid Of You" Damien Youth _Alchemy_
"Afraid To Dream" Louis Prima _Louis Prima (1937 - 1939)_

"I Am Not Afraid" They Came From The Stars (I Saw Them) _Lo & Behold!_
"Don't Be Afraid, You Have Just Got Your Eyes Closed" Múm _Finally We Are No One_

(part two)

"Are You Afraid To Die?" The Louvin Brothers _Satan Is Real_
"I Was Afraid Of That, Pt. 2" Blind Blake _All The Published Sides_

"Been Afraid" P.O.S. _Never Better_
"I'm Afraid Of Americans" David Bowie _Bowie At The Beeb_
"Who's Afraid Of The Big Bad Wolf" Ben Bernie & His Orchestra _Brother, Can You Spare A Dime? Great American Songs Of The Depression_
"Who's Afraid Of Thunder" Dorothy Collins _Experiment Songs_
"Be Afraid Of Your Parents" The Indelicates _Songs For Swinging Lovers_

"Girl Afraid" The Smiths _Hatful Of Hollow_
"Don't Be Afraid" The Smoking Popes _Get Fired_
"Not Afraid" Small Factory _Suggestions 7"_
"My Baby Is Afraid Of Sharks" Herman Düne _Next Year In Zion_

No comments: