Friday, September 28, 2012

I Missed A Day

Sorry about that.  I am becoming very unreliable when it comes to the things that I am "supposed" to do.  I put supposed in scare quotes because it doesn't matter if I do them or not.  For example, this blog. According to Google Analytics, it gets around four visitors a day, of which probably three are me.  Hey, who is the other person?  You're probably looking for something else.  There are a few pictures of dogs & cats here, as well as a few playlists for my radio show, but not much else.  Sorry about that.

I write in the blog anyway because I feel I ought to.  I feel like somehow if I stop it'll mean even more obscurity for me.  It's funny, there are blogs I read more or less regularly online, & at some point I really hoped I'd get as much attention as them.  Then I realized I wouldn't.  Then it didn't matter much anymore.  But having to heap extra obscurity past my realization & apathy might be too much.

It's true, I was really tired after Boomslang, & it took me a while to get back into whatever swing my things are in.  Then it was Thursday & I had to write in this blog ("had to" - see what I mean?) & I realized I hadn't even put my show on the website.  So that's what I did Thursday night.

You know what I did Monday after my show, by the way?  I watched the Emmys.  I was up late seeing the Jesus & Mary Chain the night before, & I got three hours of sleep, & woke to do three hours of radio, & came home, & watched the Emmys!

So, apologies for missing a day.  Oh, I'm not apologizing to you - I'm apologizing to me, who visits this blog more than anyone else.  When I read this blog entry again a couple of times, I'll be able to say, "Oh, Gary, it's no big deal.  I didn't even notice."

No comments: