Saturday, January 12, 2013

Preface To 1977: I Really Thought I'd Have Last Week's Show Up By Now

When I started this blog, I was a mere stripling.  I am not sure what "stripling" mean, but I read that phrase somewhere.  I was actually in my late thirties when I started this blog, & I imagine that doesn't really fit with the definition of "stripling."  But what can I do?  I was home-schooled.

Actually, I was public-educationed, but I was public-educationed in the 70s & 80s, when it was so much better than today, so much so that being a dick about it is kinda mean.  Like, Newt Gingrich mean.  What I'm trying to say is, it's no excuse.  I shouldn't use phrases incorrectly.  I'm not a nineteen-year-old girl who has just discovered there's something called "the dictionary."

Or am I?

I spend too much time making excuses, & although I am famously lazy, I was mostly out of town today (in Louisville, if you must know) (also in the rain) (although it hit 70 degrees Fahrenheit today) (it's not at all wintry here) & when I got home I entertained some friends with vegan burgers & fries & episode of "The Wire."  I barely had time to work on my radio show (which is about the year 1977); I couldn't have gotten around to editing my previous radio show.

Oh, there is guilt felt aplenty.  Never doubt that.  The guilt of thirty-six years ago is as fresh as smelling salts under my nostrils.  It's not related to this blog which, it must be noted, was not even something I could have imagined thirty-six years ago (I hadn't even begun to think about light sabers yet things called "blogs").  But guilt feels like guilt & if anyone knows a great psychologist who works relatively cheap in the Lexington area, I'd love to talk to him/her/it.  Seriously.

In the meantime - comic book movies.  You know what I mean?

No comments: