Thursday, May 23, 2013

Preface To Junk: Boom! 1600 Posts

Speaking of junk, I was thinking of making a poem based on the first words of every post written to date.  What made me change my mind?  This:

Hi this when here's but quick this I in I we why Halloween.

It's worse than playing Mad Libs with a bunch of people half your age in a rented mini-van on the way to Atlanta!

It's also probably better than the poems I used to write when I was sad enough to write poems.  Now, I fear, I am too sad.

I have no reason to mention this but I enjoy playing the trivia game You Don't Know Jack on my iPad.  But I refuse to log in with my Facebook account.  First, I don't want to give up my personal goofball data that easily; & also, who wants to play video games with Facebook friends?  Competition brings out the worst in people.

Said Adam Smith to Karl Marx playing Words With Friends.

I have too much to do to count the number of posts like I like doing but I will point out that:

Post # 1: September 12, 2006
Post # 1600: May 23, 2013

If I were writing a Harry Potter or Game Of Thrones-sized book, it would take me nearly seven years to finish it!

Unless the Harry Potter books aren't that big.  Should I have said Dune?  Would anyone get that reference these days?  In the 1980s, maybe.  But now?

I'm a little sleep-deprived.  How are you?  Did you find your way here by accident?  I thought so.

No comments: