Thursday, December 19, 2013

Preface To A Very Self Help Radio Christmas 2013: My Take On This Whole Cultural Mess Of The Season (Part XIII)

Hey!  Can you believe it?  Someone or something barely famous (or really famous) did said tweeted implied something offensive!  Then someone who disagreed with me agreed with them!  That makes me so mad I've spent the afternoon in the "comments" section of every website I visit!

I am sometimes glad I watch the television show The Soup, so I can be vaguely aware of things that are happening in the culture that I manage to avoid.  Rich people who are famous for being famous, pop singers who no-one will remember a few years from now, & of course the "stars" of "reality" television.  One of whom said something offensive recently.  Which didn't offend me because I don't know who that person is & I don't think someone who's famous for being in a reality TV show has an opinion that I care to know.

The other thing I saw people upset about had something to do with musicians being inducted into some rock & roll awards thing.  I am always a little amused that otherwise sensible people pay attention to that - like the Grammys & other music awards shows, it's never really about how good or important the music is but how much money it has made the parasites in the music industry (I'm sorry, I meant "executives").  The music world suffers for that - commercial radio accounts for less than 1% of 1% of the music being made in the world, & so they naturally can't focus on the quality of music made.  It's all about moolah.

Christmas is, too, but like with popular culture, I don't generally participate.  Except with my Christmas show.  Which I need to go work on bye!

No comments: