Monday, June 23, 2014

This Week

I'll be visiting Dallas this week.  Going to see the Mom & also eat at the city's amazing vegetarian & vegan restaurants.  Have I mentioned that there are no vegan or vegetarian restaurants in Lexington?  A barbecue place just closed nearby & this sign was up for a while:
There's a chalkboard behind the front door that says, "New restaurant coming soon!"  I don't imagine it'll be too vegetarian/vegan friendly.

There's a nice website - happy cow dot net - which has a helpful list of vegetarian, vegan, & veg-friendly restaurants in various places.  I used it to find places to eat when we were in Puerto Rico last year, & will use it when we go to Vietnam in a couple of months.  I keep meaning to write more reviews for it, but I tend to get shy of my own opinions from time to time.

Who'll be doing Self Help Radio this week if not me?  My buddy Daryl will.  You can look at the sorts of things he plays on the playlist at wrfl dot fm.  He says he'll do a show about "melancholia."  I believe him!

& I know I usually put up my blues show on Mondays but I've been trying to gather things to listen to for the drive.  So I'll do it tomorrow.  I promise.

No comments: