Thursday, April 16, 2015

Whither My Favorite Radio Show?

You might have guessed that this week's show is really not about my favorite radio show.  It's just a conceit that will let me play songs that have names or talk about "my favorite ______."  That's all.

I've had a lot of favorite radio shows, & many of them are on WRFL.  In the past, I've felt that I was in some way competing with them, which is a terrible way to feel.  I can be very critical of things, & a lot of that probably comes from some insecure place in me.  Once I find myself putting those feelings aside, I very happily find that I like what I am listening to.  In a real sense, good radio is not something I compete with, it's something I try to add my own radio show to.  Too often I fail.  That's my fault, not theirs!

This will be the third-to-the-last Self Help Radio on WRFL.  My gosh!  It'll air from 7-9 am of course, on 88.1 fm in town, online at wrfl dot fm.  Later on I'll put it up at the Self Help Radio website.

It's going to be a lot of fun.  & there are only three episodes of Self Help Radio on WRFL left!!

No comments: