Friday, May 15, 2015

Self Help Radio RERUN: May 14, 2012 - Bows & Arrows


I tried to find a show I had done on May 15 - I've done Self Help Radio since 2002 - but for some reason, never a show on May 15.  I did find a show that I did on May 14, 2012 - three years ago - & it was on WRFL!  So it's not completely unfamiliar to anyone unfortunate enough to have heard this show since I came to Lexington.  (There's even an old write-up about the show on this here blog!)

I did the show on Monday mornings then, & it was only ninety minutes long.  The show is very music-heavy - I hadn't yet had the bright notion to invite my funny friends onto the air with me - & rather diverse, as it's not too terribly easy to find songs about archery, bows & arrows, stuff like that.  I didn't completely hate listening to the show - but I'm glad there'll be a new Self Help Radio next week, as it makes me really uncomfortable to revisit old episodes.  It baffles me that anyone would want to listen to my radio show!

For the next week, the show will be at the top of the Self Help Radio website.  Remember to look for login/password information!  The songs I played almost exactly three years ago are listed below.

Remember!  A new Self Help Radio next week!

(part one)

"Arrows & Baloons" Robert Pollard _Moses On A Snail_
"Cupid's Bow" Rodney Allen _Take The Subway To Your Suburb_
"Quiver (Arrows In My)" Bow Wow Wow _When The Going Gets Tough The Tough Get Going_

"William Tell Overture" Sounds Incorporated _Hazy Memories Vol. 2_
"Arrow In A Bow" The Go-Betweens _Send Me A Lullaby_
"Arrow Of Love" Six Teens _A Casual Look: The Flip Recordings_
"Fallen Arrow" Ida _Ten Small Paces_
"Arrow" Jeffrey Lewis with Jack Lewis & Anders Griffin _It's The Ones Who've Cracked That The Light Shines Through_
"The Flint Arrowhead" Johnny Cash _From Sea To Shining Sea_

"Broken Arrow" Neil Young _Neil Young Archives, Vol. 1: 1963-1972_
"Broken Arrows" Jose Gonzalez _Veneer_
"Broken Arrow" Chuck Berry _Johnny B. Goode/His Complete '50s Chess Recordings_

(part two)

"Days Of The Broken Arrows" The Idle Race _Nuggets II: Original Artyfacts From The British Empire & Beyond, Vol. 3_
"Slings & Arrows" The Wooly Ones _Scarey Business_

"Robin Hood" John Strachan _Songs From Aberdeenshire_
"Robin Hood" Dick James _Hello Children Everywhere_
"Little Arrows" Leapy Lee _Little Arrows_
"Me & My Arrow" Harry Nilsson _The Point!_
"Blue Arrows" Mick Harvey _Two Of Diamonds_
"Love Is An Arrow" Aberfeldy _Young Forever_
"Arrows" Mitch Hedberg _Mitch All Together_
"Zen Archer" Todd Rundgren _A Wizard, A True Star_

"Poison Arrow" ABC _Lexicon Of Love_
"Poison Arrow" Sonic Youth _The Eternal_
"Love Is Swift Arrows" Be Bop Deluxe _Axe Victim_

No comments: