Monday, July 13, 2015

Sugar Substitute # 164

Well, here it is, the last Sugar Substitute for a while - since I'm now doing Self Help Radio on Tuesdays, I have one less hour, & that means, sadly, no extra sixty minutes of freeform radio.

This week, among other things, I feature a cool Beatles cover by my favorite Austin band, Luxuriator.  Fun fact!  Luxuriator technically have appeared on every episode of Sugar Substitute, since I use their song of the same name as the intro music (with dumb samples I added).  So the show is not only named after a Luxuriator song, it also features that song in a brief snippet at the beginning of the show.  I'm very glad they have never asked me for royalties.

You can find the show here on the Self Help Radio website.  Please pay attention to the username password nonsense.  The songs I played are below.  The gratitude I have for your listening time is enormous.

See you tomorrow at 4pm!

"Piggies" Luxuriator _Piggies_
"Trespassing" Strange Names _Use Your Time Wisely_
"The Book Of Love" The Magnetic Fields _69 Love Songs_

"Vieux Loop" The Acorn _Vieux Loup_
"High Flying Bird" Richie Havens _Mixed Bag_
"Choked Out" The Mountain Goats _Beat The Champ_
"Spyglass" The Hush Now _Sparkle Drive_
"Train In Spain" The Human Circuit _Frequent Seas_

"Private Hell" The Jam _Setting Sons_
"Staring Contest" Mates Of State _You're Going To Make It_
"Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing" Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell _You're All I Need_
"Tall Cool One" The Fabulous Wailers _The Fabulous Wailers: The Original Golden Crest Masters_
"Before The Stars" Is/Is _Shadow Days_

"The Nineteen Sixties" Baxendale _You Will Have Your Revenge_
"Octopussy" The Wedding Present _Seamonsters_
"Never Wanna See That Look Again" Christopher Owens _A New Testament_
"Firestation Towers" The Close Lobsters _Forever Until Victory_

No comments: