Monday, October 23, 2017

My Black Cat

The show this week is a Halloween show, a show about black cats.  My mother believes that black cats are bad omens, & more than once in our childhood did she make us go a different direction because a black cat crossed her path.  This is true.

She's very old now, & forgetful, & she was talking one day about how scared she was of black cats, & she asked me, "Do you think it's bad luck for a black cat to cross your path?"

My reply was, "If so, I'm the unluckiest person alive, because a black cat crosses my path literally all day long when I am at home."

The truth is, I am lucky to have a black cat at home.  I've talked about him over & over, but I thought, in honor of today's show, I'd share a few more pictures of my wonderful black cat.

His name is Bolan.  Here he is as a kitten, over ten years ago, sleeping with Ringo:


Here he is as a kitten with Winston, whom he is a little bit bigger than now:


Here he is with his brother George, & if you met him, you'd realize he was raised by dogs:


Here he is with the mother who wanted him, whom he loves very much:


He is a rather large cat:


& sometimes he has trouble relaxing, his life is so stressful:


So we're lucky that, a couple of years after we adopted him, we rescued the love of his life, Bronte:


So, if you're scared of black cats, this week's show might be terrifying for you.  But at our house, Bolan will be the most brazen of cats, & will gladly come to meet you if you come over.  He might also eat your hair.  It's a thing.  We can't figure it out.

No comments: