Monday, March 05, 2018

Never Punished For Procrastination

This is true.  I am a procrastinator of the highest order.  For example, I should have written this in the blog much earlier today.  I am actually right now working on tomorrow's Tuesday Morning Blend but am procrastinating by writing here.  It's a sickness, man.

The thing is, I was never really ever punished for my procrastination.  I always managed, with a little difficulty, to get things done at the very last minute.  I would cram for tests while walking to the classroom - & do just fine.  I would write papers in college - by hand - an hour before class.  I got decent grades.  & tonight, I should finish up & get a decent night's sleep because I have a radio show at seven a.m.  But will I?  Heck no!  I'm still listening to stuff I may play!  I'll get four hours tops!

This is my fiftieth year.  I am getting a little forgetful now.  Here are two words I couldn't immediately bring to mind recently: hypothetical &...  Well, I've now forgotten the other one.  It's on the tip of my tongue.  I can't remember it though.

But if you want to hear me recite the lyrics to "Tangled Up In Blue" - both the Blood On The Tracks & The Bootleg Series versions - & even compare & contrast - I can still do that.  Most of the time.

In fact, let's do that now!  I don't need to finish this blog for another three hours or so.  & then, even if it's Tuesday, I can just change the date.  It lets you do that!  Isn't that cool?  Early one mornin' the sun was shinin', I was lyin' in bed...

Oh man.  The punishment for procrastination is coming, I can feel it.  But.  I hope I can put it off a little longer.

No comments: