Thursday, May 03, 2018

Whither Buttons?

(Image from here.)

The first new day/new time Self Help Radio will be about buttons!  But why?  Was it simply too confining on radio to tackle such a controversial topic?  Not at all!  Here's why:

There was a dream.  I was dreaming it.  In the dream, everyone thought I was blind.  But I wasn't.  I was confused.  I was being praised for successfully negotiating rooms & finding things & even reading.  It was painfully obvious I was not blind.  Then I realized that was the point.  People thought I wasn't capable of even the most basic actions, walking across the floor, picking up something someone wanted, looking at a word on a page.  Confusion turned to resentment which turned to rage. But I found myself unable to hurt anyone in the dream, so my anger turned inward.  I was wearing a button-up shirt, & started to tear it off my body.  Like in a movie, in slow motion, buttons flew off the shirt, way more buttons than there actually were on the shirt, really, just too much fucking buttons, & I watched as they fell slowly to the ground, where they bounced once or twice, making a sad, echoey clicking noise as they did.

Everyone noticed what I had done & someone screamed to me, "Pick up those buttons!"  & then someone else said, "He can't see them!"

That may not be the best inspiration for a radio show ever, but I remember the dream, & there will be a show about buttons.  I certainly hope you can handle it.

The show will be available tomorrow, Friday, May 4th, at noon central time.  It will be on the show's website, Self Help Radio dot net.  I'll let you know when it's up.  It's going to be a lot of fun.

No comments: