Monday, February 04, 2019

In Twelve Hours

In twelve hours I'll be on the road going to do the Tuesday Morning Blend on KNON, & it'll be the first Pledge Drive of the year.  & while I enjoy putting pledge drive shows together - they're the closest I get to Self Help Radio on KNON - I hate the begging for the money.  I would rather do anything than have to beg for money on the air.

Here are twelve things I'd rather do:

1) Take up curling as a hobby.
2) Wait in line.  In the cold.  With people who are really, really excited about waiting in line.
3) Discuss current events with libertarians.
4) Write a twenty page paper about a subreddit which deals with Christian interpretations of Black Mirror episodes.
5) Sit silently in the corner during a heavy metal concert (no earplugs).
6) Watch a film about skydiving as a preparation to taking skydiving classes.
7) Memorize all the ingredients in various topical creams for later declamation.
8) Befriend the least-talented member of a junior college improv group.
9) Politely listen to any know-it-all discuss the dangers of veganism to me.
10) Watch one of those long boring movies I always fall asleep during but with electrodes on that shock me every time I doze off.
11) Have a meal with any of my siblings (they chose the place).
12) Rub the hair of a bear in a lair in the opposite direction.

Okay, the last one was something Stephin Merritt would rather do than lose your affection.

The point is, I don't really want to do it.  But I will!  Tomorrow.  7-9am cst.  Ugh.

No comments: