Monday, May 27, 2019

Passive Dreams In A Moving Vehicle

It doesn't feel like a Monday, but it is.  & I write here on Mondays.

Yet I have nothing really to write about.  It's been a beautiful day here in Portland & we've had guests for the past few days.  They wanted to do touristy things, so we did touristy things.  & we ate so freaking much good food.  There's a sign you see in Portland:


(I got this from Next Door.)  It is a campaign to keep the speed limit in the neighborhoods to 20mph.  But the wife & I have co-opted it to mean that we'll be gaining at least twenty pounds each thanks to the amazing food here.  Seriously, I think this place may be better than New York when it comes to the eating.

We walk the dogs twice a day, I think I mentioned this before, it's a little out of guilt since the backyard here is nowhere near as lovely as the one we had in Fort Worth.  Or should I say: nowhere near as big.  It's quite lovely everywhere here.  & everyone is closer to everyone else.

It feels to me that we drive as much - we drive to get places - but places are closer.  It's more dense, less sprawl.  & because it's not achingly hot here, people come out, they walk their dogs, they work on their lawns, to breathe the fresh air filtered by the amazing trees everywhere.

Oh! I have an assignment to do spots for KBOO.  I'll do them tonight.  I figured they wouldn't need them on the holiday weekend.

& that's pretty much it.  I hope to spend a little more time working on the show this week.  Last week's show seemed shabby, & I apologize for that.  I will attempt to do better.

No comments: