Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Primary Care

Today I had my first doctor's appointment in Portland.  Nothing's wrong, I just like to have a doctor.  It seems so strange because, while technically we had a doctor when I was a kid, he was mainly there to get drugs without a prescription (we were quite poor) & for emergencies.  He was very fond of my mother & my sister Pat & seemed a kind soul.  His name was George Molhusen & although I can't find any reports online, my sister told me he died in a house fire after rescuing both his wife & his dog.  He was 79 years old.

Anyway, I think my first real doctor was a fellow who didn't give a shit about me in Kentucky.  I saw him every six months & I don't think he remembered me once.  He remains the first man ever to penetrate me anally, albeit with his finger, & I hope he remembers that act as fondly as I do.

We had a great GP in Fort Worth, one of the five best things about my time there.  She was very kind, very supportive, & she hugged me goodbye when I said we were moving.  I think I actually was healthier when I moved than when I first saw her.  She liked horses.

This doctor today was fine & dropped the s-bomb in my presence, which I approve of.  But later on - after both a urine sample was given & blood was drawn - I discovered the wife had misunderstood the insurance information & this doctor isn't in our network, or whatever that language is.  So I probably won't see her again.

All that blood!  All that urine!  I hope I'm all right.  Will I ever know?  Ah well.  I have another appointment scheduled for September.  Hopefully this one will be in network.

No comments: