Thursday, August 01, 2019

Whither Shyness?

(I took this picture in May, I titled it "Shy Mountains.")

Honestly, it's surprising that it's taken me this long to do a show about shyness.  The reason it happened has nothing to do with a song or songs I was listening to.  Instead, I happened upon a discussion, which I referenced yesterday, about the difference between shyness & introversion.  I started thinking how hard it would be to do a show about introversion.  That would take me weeks!  But shyness would be easy!

It of course began with "Ask" by the Smiths & down the rabbit hole I went.  I noticed that the word "shy" can mean to recoil or step back from, like in gun shy or camera shy - or even in the phrase shy away.  That opened up other possibilities - & took us farther away from introversion.

Here's where I mention the show will happen tomorrow at noon, but, alas, it won't.  I have a morning commitment at a radio station (sigh) but will work on the show as soon as I get home.  It should happen some time tomorrow afternoon.  I hope that doesn't inconvenience you.  Let's just pretend this week's show will be a little shy, as well.

So! Tomorrow! In the afternoon! Pacific time afternoon!  Self Help Radio dot net!  Don't be too shy to listen!

No comments: